“If we succeed in creating a system of “Medicare for All,” we will help businesses and other organizations, independent contractors, veterans, people with pre-existing conditions, students — all of us. If we get this done, it will revolutionize all of our lives for the better. We’ll be able to focus on everything else that we want to accomplish for our communities, and our nation.”–November5.org
Steps from November5.org
- Inform yourself and others by reading:
- H.R. 676
- and these three articles:
- and by watching these excellent videos on H.R. 676. Pass them along in emails, on blogs, facebook and myspace pages. If you create videos on youtube, do one on national health care yourself:
- Write a letter — not an email — in your own words to your member of Congress stating that you’d like their commitment to vote for H.R. 676. If your member of Congress is a co-sponsor of the bill, express your support for that stand. Email a copy to us, if you would, with the words “Letter to My Congressperson” in the subject line.
- President-elect Obama has asked for volunteers around the country to host discussion groups on the health care issue during the last half of December. Attend a discussion in your area and make the argument for single payer. Click here for more information.